Lab Week 12: Advice to Writers


I enjoyed going through and reading the different types of advice to writers. The piece of advice that stuck out to me the most was, "Streamline your story." The author put it simply, nobody is inherently interested in what you are doing or saying. This is so extremely true. I have always noticed, nobody has time to think of you because they are too busy thinking of themselves. This isn't rude or cruel it just means people are busy. So to make sure you stuff is read or listened to or watched, focus your idea. Make it interesting and make it count. I love this so much. I am about to go into the advertising industry and with people's attention span getting smaller we need to get our message across fast. We need to make it flashy and interesting but still tell a story. That is why I loved this author's advice.

I think this is good imagery for the advice to streamline your story. Don't take unnecessary twist and turns, focus your point. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Why You Want to Go Into Advertising

Week 2 Story: Three Roses